Monday, July 20, 2009

Blood the last vampire expectations

 

                                                           

My expectations for the Blood Movie

Basically, I cannot publish the articles I already have written for a week due to computer issues, so for now I just wanted to write something easy before I go away for a week.  So yeah, Blood, cause I saw a trailer for it.  For those who don’t know, and I imagine considering how this movie isn’t exactly mainstream by any standard, for somewhat good reason.  Basically this is a remake of an animated movie of the same name.  Now the film itself was actually pretty unremarkable, basically following a Japanese school girl massacre a bunch of Demon vampire things with a katana…actually that was pretty much it, there literally was next to no plot.  It had a few things going for it, very well animated, cool fight scenes, fairly realistic gore without getting outright excessive, and at least tried to be realistic in a few scenes, my favorite being when the characters sword turns out to be a replica and is thus, totally useless.  But it was forgettable and would have been nothing more than a sorta pulp hack and slash movie, enjoyable but nothing big, but it was turned into a shockingly good Anime series called Blood Plus, which basically took the basic theory of the movie and added plot, and by plot, I mean 51 episodes of extremely complex storyline.  Now I watched the first 20 or so, before getting distracted by other thigns, but I did admire them for adding in a lot of storyline where there really wasn’t any before.  So since the new movie is life action and based after the actual film Blood Last Vampire, directed by the same dude who did Hero and House of Flying Daggers.  So basically, just taking the original movie and adding in more fight scenes is my guess.  Through basically, here I think, if they add any form of plot, it would be an improvement, so we finally have an action movie that I’m willing to endorse….i might not bother to see it but hey

From

EE

No comments: