Sunday, November 16, 2008

My idea for a TV show, Iternal Affairs

Its Gavel Time


Right, well i finished Fable review, and I’m just waiting for editors, so I figured I might as well write something. Now I am always getting these "inspirations" for TV Shows/Book/Comic ideas all the time, but I never really do anything with them, so I figured I'll use this blog just as a place to write them down. And who knows, maybe some professionals will read this and blatantly rip me off and make millions off my idea. Wouldn't that be great?

Anyways, my first idea I'll post will be an idea I got while reading a TV tropes article. Bear in mind most of these ideas are rather spontaneous, so I don't often fully think them through.

Anyways, here is my first idea

The Show will be Called "Internal Affairs, Law by the Book". The main character is Lex Retenue , a police officer working for internal affairs. His job is to investigate cops and find out if they did their job legally. The twist is that most of the cops are the Dirty Harry/Bud White type people who try to use the end result of capturing the criminal. As of such, he is often having to arrest people who in most movies would be considered heroes and be glorified, the idea being that our character cares about the law, as it is there for a reason (there is a very good reason why we have internal affairs). When ever he is asked by the Cowboy Cop "what about the victim's rights" his response is something along the lines of "Define victim".

Ok, that’s all I put into it, back to work

from
EE

3 comments:

Patrick C said...

Excellent idea! So, who would you cast in the lead role?

EvilElitest said...

hmmm, well in theory I'd cast Robert Duvall as the boss due to his sheer unfettered badassness. As for the main, maybe Hugh Laurie or Hugo Weaving.......

Ok, honestly, Humphrey Bogart. No, i don't care if he is dead, for this TV show will would summon his soul and remake his body so he could play the role (like that short story with Emile Dickinson), because he is just that awesome. I think Heth Leger could be brought back as somebody as well
from
EE

EvilElitest said...

No, Christopher Lee, he would be the main character out of his sheer badass acting skills
from
EE