Friday, February 27, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire actually was...really good

"Get one more right and I'll crush you head like this"


Now before we go into this, I92d like to let you know, I hate romance stories as a rule. The idea of love at first sight, divinely inspired luck, and people who are perfect for each other is something I find silly and simplistic, not to mention absurdly corny and a waste of time. So this should give you an idea of how well this story is. If you don’t know by now (seriously, why the hell don’t you know) SM is about a young Slumdog,
IE a dude who grew up in the slums of India (IE, a really crappy place to live) is on there version of “Who wants to be a millionaire and keeps laying, trying to get the ultimate prize. The story and back ground are actually good enough that I won=92t spoil it, which should say something about its quality. The important thing I want to say is that it is very much like a Charles Dicken’s novel (which is a compliment), IE poor boy who lives in the slums but has some amazing luck. While the story is romantic and
kinda unrealistic, the extremely vivid portrayals of the impoverished lives of the young Indian people says a lot about its quality. All and all, highly recommended. I won’t say more because yeah everybody is talking about this. Oh also great music, (through I’m impartial to Indian music anyways) wonderful, quite good actors, even the child actors, and the filming is wonderful. Basically…yeah I don’t like happy reviews.

from

EE

P.S. This is yesterday's article, which didn't work. Today's will be up later tonight

No comments: