Monday, August 10, 2009

a warning to all people who want to play oblivion, don't make my mistake

Now, i've always looked forward to the day where I can review Oblivion, because unlike games like Fable or Lost Oddessy, I can't simply attack it without mercy, but more than any other RPG, Oblivion is the one that gives me headaches. when i finally beat the game, I"ll review it (yeah, like that will ever happen) but until then, a warning to you all. Don't get it for Xbox. I did, because the combat is more fleshed out, as is movement, and that is true, as well as the game being easier to use. But you miss out on the mods, which actually take the game beyond a rough sketch of near perfection, and actually flesh it out as the suiting a game of such grand design (opposed to grand execution). Ladies and gentlemen, behold

http://hellforge.gameriot.com/blogs/Caveat-Emptor/100-mods-you-should-be-playing-for-Oblivion

Simply reading this list is making me slap my face in anger, as these things fix like 50% of the issues i have with the game, add in more content that really make the game come to life, and turn alot of boring side-quests into a real pleasure. So if you haven't gotten oblivion yet, and your computor can handle it, seriously get these. Don't repeat my mistakes.
from
EE

3 comments:

fri said...

Oh man. This is really your fault though. From day one I already know that playing oblivion won't be complete without the mods. It's because I played morrowind, and the mod community was amazing.

Playing the original oblivion or morrowind are like eating plain bread or potato mush. It's kinda delicious and fulfilling, but ultimately bland.

EvilElitest said...

Yeah, and i have morrowind for Computer, so i really should have know better. It was totally my bad. And its something i totally should have seen coming, i mean....morrowind. And now, as it is, my computor has too many games on it, so buying Oblivion 'again' is almost certainly not going to happen for awhile.....but for EVERYBODY ELSE
don't repeat my foolish mistakes.
from
EE

EvilElitest said...

Do you know any place where you could find top morrowind mods maybe?
from
EE